after check out help.

bigmuddyfoot
Contributor
Contributor

I want to display all purchesed items after check out is compleat on the landing page the users are redirected to after checkout is compleat.

How can i do this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi bigmuddyfoot,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

There are a couple options.

We have something that was designed specifically to enable this type of feature. It's called Payment Data Transfer (PDT) .  Basically our final checkout page will post the transaction information to your webpage after the customer is redirected back to your site.  This would require that the customer's browser be redirected for the site to receive the information. 

Another option is to use  Instant Payment Notifications (IPN) . You will get much of the same information as PDT but this is a server to server notification that doesn't rely on the customer's browser to be successfully transmitted to you.  You would have a server setup to listen for these notifications from PayPal and then update a database with the information.  Your final checkout page would then query your database for the transaction information. 

The links to each of these options has more information as well as code samples.  You can also find a variable reference page for both here.

I hope this helps! 😄

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.