Who pays the credit card fees

Bella122368
New Community Member
When a customer uses PayPal to make a payment with a credit card, do I pay the credit card fee for the credit card also? Or does the customer pay the fee. How does this work? So am I getting charged double when a credit card is used?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Marleneb
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to know that too.

I think they would not be charging your clients fee to you.

I am wondering if there is a fee of some type.

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Bella122368 and Marleneb,

PayPal fees are the same for all accounts – Personal, Premier, and Business. There is a fee charged when you receive money from a purchase, when you receive payments from outside your country or region and when you send personal payments using a credit card (the sender determines who pays the fee).

There is no fee when you pay for a purchase or when you use your PayPal balance or bank account to send money or make a payment.

However, to answer your question, "who pays the credit card fees" - when a buyer is making a purchase with their credit card they do not pay a fee the seller only pays the normal PayPal transaction fees.

I hope this helps.

~Misty

Login to Me Too

CHPCWSC
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way, and if yes how to make it so, so that the buyer pays the fees incurred with the charge?

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello CHPCWSC, 

Welcome to the Community Robot wink.

I am sorry but there is not a way to have the buyer pay the fees incurred with the charge, the receiver will pay the fee. However, when a personal payment is sent using a credit card the sender will determine who pays the fee.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.