Reply to topic
Bella122368
Bella122368 New Community Member
New Community Member
Kudos: 0

Who pays the credit card fees

When a customer uses PayPal to make a payment with a credit card, do I pay the credit card fee for the credit card also? Or does the customer pay the fee. How does this work? So am I getting charged double when a credit card is used?
0 Kudos
Marleneb
Marleneb Contributor
Contributor

Re: Who pays the credit card fees

I would like to know that too.

I think they would not be charging your clients fee to you.

I am wondering if there is a fee of some type.

0 Kudos
PayPal_Misty
PayPal_Misty Administrator
Administrator
Kudos: 83

Hello Bella122368 and Marleneb,

PayPal fees are the same for all accounts – Personal, Premier, and Business. There is a fee charged when you receive money from a purchase, when you receive payments from outside your country or region and when you send personal payments using a credit card (the sender determines who pays the fee).

There is no fee when you pay for a purchase or when you use your PayPal balance or bank account to send money or make a payment.

However, to answer your question, "who pays the credit card fees" - when a buyer is making a purchase with their credit card they do not pay a fee the seller only pays the normal PayPal transaction fees.

I hope this helps.

~Misty

0 Kudos
CHPCWSC
CHPCWSC New Community Member
New Community Member

Is there a way, and if yes how to make it so, so that the buyer pays the fees incurred with the charge?

0 Kudos
PayPal_Misty
PayPal_Misty Administrator
Administrator
Kudos: 83

Hello CHPCWSC, 

Welcome to the Community :robotwink:.

I am sorry but there is not a way to have the buyer pay the fees incurred with the charge, the receiver will pay the fee. However, when a personal payment is sent using a credit card the sender will determine who pays the fee.

:smileyhappy:Misty

0 Kudos