Reply to topic
Highlighted
Bella122368 New Community Member
New Community Member
Kudos: 0
Accepted Solutions: 0

Who pays the credit card fees

When a customer uses PayPal to make a payment with a credit card, do I pay the credit card fee for the credit card also? Or does the customer pay the fee. How does this work? So am I getting charged double when a credit card is used?
0 Kudos
Marleneb Contributor
Contributor

Re: Who pays the credit card fees

I would like to know that too.

I think they would not be charging your clients fee to you.

I am wondering if there is a fee of some type.

0 Kudos
Administrator PayPal_Misty
Administrator
Kudos: 92
Accepted Solutions: 26

Hello Bella122368 and Marleneb,

PayPal fees are the same for all accounts – Personal, Premier, and Business. There is a fee charged when you receive money from a purchase, when you receive payments from outside your country or region and when you send personal payments using a credit card (the sender determines who pays the fee).

There is no fee when you pay for a purchase or when you use your PayPal balance or bank account to send money or make a payment.

However, to answer your question, "who pays the credit card fees" - when a buyer is making a purchase with their credit card they do not pay a fee the seller only pays the normal PayPal transaction fees.

I hope this helps.

~Misty

0 Kudos
CHPCWSC New Community Member
New Community Member

Is there a way, and if yes how to make it so, so that the buyer pays the fees incurred with the charge?

0 Kudos
Administrator PayPal_Misty
Administrator
Kudos: 92
Accepted Solutions: 26

Hello CHPCWSC, 

Welcome to the Community Robot wink.

I am sorry but there is not a way to have the buyer pay the fees incurred with the charge, the receiver will pay the fee. However, when a personal payment is sent using a credit card the sender will determine who pays the fee.

Smiley HappyMisty

0 Kudos
Announcements
If you are using Internet Explorer 8 take note. We’ll upgrade our communities in July and if you are using IE8 you won’t have a fully functional experience. Please upgrade your browser to Internet Explorer 9, 10 or 11. There will be no changes to your community experience if you are using IE 9, 10, 11, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
Welcome, guest
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count