When Requesting An API Signature (Sorry — your last action could not be completed)

JanaMCC
Contributor
Contributor

"

Sorry — your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again"

This is super annoying. Happened for 2 days now, in IE and google chrome.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

JanaMCC
Contributor
Contributor

I have a premier account by the way.

Login to Me Too

jaredwilli

I have been dealing with this same problem. All I want to get is the **bleep** API credentials, and the page that has the info gives me an error page that says the same thing.

Login to Me Too

elvaquero
New Community Member

I am having the same problem.  Are there any Paypal representatives monitoring this thread, is seems like this problem is effecting many people.  I see two threads for December 13th 2010.  Any help would be appreciated Paypal!

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Merchant-services/When-Requesting-An-API-Signature-Sorry-your-la...

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Merchant-services/Unable-to-request-API-credentials-for-Paypal-P...

Login to Me Too

mikeambrosio
New Community Member

Add me to this too.

Not sure if this helps, but it only appears to be happeneing in OUR case with Paypal Accounts that have not requested API signature before.  I have accounts that have and this continues to work fine.

This seems to have just started over the past couple of days because we did not see this issue even with new Paypal accounts until about 2 or 3 days ago.

Login to Me Too

jaredwilli

I am trying to request my account API credentials, and everytime I try to navigate to the page where it "should" display the info I need, PayPal Pro Email: API Username: API Password: API Signature, I get an error page, or something happens, and I am unable to just get that information.

I have been approved for paypal payments pro, i have verified my bank account, and have done all the things I believe I need to do for this to work, not that I should have to for this, but I am unable to get to the page with the credentials for custom integration.

I am trying to go:
Profile >
Request API credentials >
Option 1 - PayPal API (Set up PayPal API credentials and permissions) >
Option 2 - Request API credentials to create your own API username and password. (Request API credentials) >
Click the Agree and Submit button on that page >

BOOM, I get an error page which says:

Sorry — your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

---

I've tried to do all the other things as well, and there's never a final ending to those either, but I neeeeed the paypal payments pro API credentials for my account, so I can use it on my site, which I have already set up and working using a different account. This is retarded

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

I was able to find out what's going on here. We currently have a technical issue preventing merchants from creating new API credentials. Our engineering team is working on resolving this issue. We don't have an ETA, but we'll let you know as soon as we find out. Due to the holiday season, this may take some time. Our Sandbox is available for testing purposes for any new integration testing.

I'm merging the threads so the information is in one place.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.