Website Payments Standard Item Discount

wcwd
Contributor
Contributor

According to the documentation for Website Payments Standard, I can use advanced HTML variables such as "discount_rate" to apply a discount percentage to an item on an Add To Cart button. I can't get this to happen.

I've tried two different approaches:

1. Including "discount_rate" and "discount_rate2" INPUT elements in my HTML

2. Adding the same elements in the Advance Variables section of the button editor.

Neither one has any effect. Furthermore, when I add them using the button editor, they do not show up in the HTML that it creates.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi wcwd,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

I recommend not using a "hosted" or "saved" button if you are going to add the input elements directly to the code.  The option for saving the button with PayPal is under step 2 of the button designer.

I would expect that adding them to the advanced variables section should work.  When you add advanced variables they become associated with the "hosted_button_id" for that button so they won't need separate input elements in that case.

Sometimes it's helpful to clear the cart and delete your cookies and cache files when testing the changes.

If that doesn't work, feel free to paste your button code here so the community can look for the problem. 🙂

I hope this helps!

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.