Website Payments Pro change of domain name

fogiracing
New Community Member

I had Paypal Payments Pro set up on an old website which I've now closed down and setup a new website on a new domain.  Is it possible to transfer the paypal pro over to my new domain if I buy a new SSL certificate?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello fogiracing, 

Welcome to the Community Robot wink.

Congratulations on setting up a new website. It is possible to set up Website Payments Pro on a new website. You should not have any problems as long as the website is within the same industry as the original website when the application was approved.

To set it up on the new website, you will need to copy the API credentials from your PayPal account and paste this information into your shopping cart configuration or administration screen. And make sure you update the new business information in your PayPal account. I do believe you will need to purchase a new SSL certificate as they are usually not transferable to a new domain but I would check with your shopping cart provider.

I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.