Virtual Terminal

darko
Contributor
Contributor

I was just denied the use of Virtual Terminal I guess because of credit problems from 10 years ago.  

The majority of my income will be comes from trade shows and competitions.  Now I am in a Catch-22.  I can't improve my credit score without selling at these shows, and I can't sell at these shows without some kind of work around like taking the order, delivering the product, then sending an e-mail invoice and hoping that everyone will pay.

I can never understand why there is no limited way to prove your self and work your way out of the hole.  Can't I get a lmited amount or some kind of restricted access?

Also, for 5 years I have I have had a 100% rating on E-bay.  Is that not worth anything?

I had a bigger company before 9/11 when I volunteered to return to active duty and put my business on hold for 4 years.  I guess that is not worth anything either.

Banks are no good for the little guy. **bleep** it I'll survive. nIn

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

allergycheryl
Contributor
Contributor

OK...as I understand it....you want to be at a show or competition where you will have a booth and want to sell your products immediately.  Is that right?  If so, get a little money together...open a checking account at your bank and then contact a credit card processing company about getting an account.  When you go to your show, you will have to pay extra for a phone line to your booth, but it will allow you to take payments by credit card right there at your booth.  This is how we did it when we sold products at shows.  Of course there are now apps that allow you to process credit cards with your cell phone, but I don't trust the security on those.

If you have some money that can sit for a bit...the bank isn't going to give you a hard time about the checking account.  The credit card processing companies aren't going to give you a hard time as long as you have an established checking account. 

I don't mean to knock PayPal, but I just don't see it as a way to transact business with face to face customers.  The beauty of PayPal is for when you aren't face to face.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.