Virtual Terminal Codes One Time Use

goldenreef
New Community Member

Ok, so we are a small B&B that accepts reservations through Expedia.  Expedia provides us with a reservation and a Virtualcredit card for each reservation.  I have processed these credit cards through my PP virtual terminal.  Now today I am trying to process 3 of them and am getting the following message:

10505 - Gateway decline: AVS returned a response value of N. Your merchant account provider doesn't accept this value. Contact them for a list of accepted codes.

What is a response value of N and how do I get these cards to go through.  They have gone through in the past, so don't understand why they won't today.  I checked with Expedia, and they tell me they are valid cc..

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

ts56
Contributor
Contributor

Doing the same!

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello ts56,

Welcome to the Forums.

If I am understanding you correctly you are processing your customers credit card through Expedia and Expedia generates an Expedia Virtual Card which you then in return process with PayPal - Virtual Terminal? If this is correct, the reason is would not be going through on Virtual Terminal is because the Virtual Terminal requires an actual credit or debit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or AMEX). I hope this makes sense.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

GarySheehan
Contributor
Contributor

I'm wondering how you've progressed with this issue as we're in a similar situation with expedia and wondering how to process a payment from the details they provide.  Ourproblem is a lack of customer address, which obviously means avs will bomb.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.