View Cart Button Image Doesn't Show Up

yahtzee11
Contributor
Contributor

I created a shopping cart on my website using Paypal-supplied buttons & codes.
The Add to Cart buttons work fine.
The encrypted View Cart button link works, but does not show up as a button on my site. There is a red X with text.

When I open my cart page to alter it in Kompozer, a 550 error message pops up:

Can't change directory to /public_html/btn_viewcart_LG.gif: No such file or directory

My brother & I have tried everything we can think of to fix this.

Does it sound like a problem with the web host or the Paypal code?
Why would it just affect the image & not the working of the button?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi yahtzee11,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Based on the permissions error you are receiving, I'd say that the issue is with your server.  It looks like you might be hosting the button image on your own server instead of linking to the PayPal hosted version?

If you're not hosting the button image on your server, make sure that the <input> element for the image references this URL for the view cart image source: https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_viewcart_LG.gif

The PayPal button designer references this link but it's possible Kompozer could have modified the form code in some way.

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

yahtzee11
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Frank!

Thank you so much for the help. It did indeed work.

The problem wasn't with my server. It's the code that Paypal supplied me with.

The <input> element references a URL that says paypalobjects.com and not simply paypal.com as you advised.

I took the word "objects" out of Paypal's supplied code and it then worked for me.

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but it seems odd that the Paypal code would be wrong.

Thanks again for the help. 🙂

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi yahtzee11,

I'm glad to hear that worked! 🙂

paypalobjects.com is a legitimate domain we use for image hosting so the link in the button code was correct and should have worked.

I was pulling the other image location from here:

English PayPal Buttons and Logos

Both button image URLs should work but our default button code includes paypalobjects.com .

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_viewcart_LG.gif

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.