Reply to topic
Highlighted
sifro New Community Member
New Community Member
Kudos: 1
Accepted Solutions: 0

Verifying customer's order through IPN

Hello,

I can't understand how to securely match a customer's order through paypal with the customer himself on my website database.

I'll try to explain better: a user wants to buy something from me, but he wants to pay with another paypal account, so email, shipping address, name, surname, etc... could be different.

How can i understand that the data POSTed to my IPN listener belongs to that particoular user, so that i can update my database with his order?

Also, another 2 little questions:

- I created a simple buy now button, and turned on the "optional paypal account" feature for my customers... But when i test it, I still can't pay by credit card. Login to paypal is needed.

- Do you think that a non-encrypted button with IPN verification could be considered secure?

Thanks a lot!

Announcements
If you are using Internet Explorer 8 take note. We’ll upgrade our communities in July and if you are using IE8 you won’t have a fully functional experience. Please upgrade your browser to Internet Explorer 9, 10 or 11. There will be no changes to your community experience if you are using IE 9, 10, 11, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
Welcome, guest
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count