Use of the Date fields in Create Invoice

GoLandSailing
Contributor
Contributor

We need help on the new Create Invoice interface regarding the date fields.

1. When creating an invoice, there is an "Invoice Date" field in the right hand column. Since the invoice is sent right away, please explain a practical use of this field. I'm guessing to "post-date" an invoice? Hmm...
  2. In between the [Item Name/ID] and [Quantity] fields, there is another [Date] field. There is no tool-tip about how to use; nor can I find any help or examples of how it should be used.

Please help clarify the use of these two Date fields for invoices.

Thank You!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

GoLandSailing
Contributor
Contributor

Ahh, technology. I was using IE 9 to post this topic, but the text formatting tools didn't work, and no text was actually posted. (!?). Came back in with Firefox, and here we are. Please help us figure out what these Date fields in the Creat Invoice interface are to be used for. Thanks everyone! 🙂

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello GoLandSailing,

Welcome to the Forums.

The Invoice Date field would be used for putting in the date the invoice was sent to your customer and then there is a separate field to place the due date of the invoice. For example - the Invoice date is basically used for internal use and the due date is to let the customer know when their payment is due.  I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

GoLandSailing
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.