USING IPN

Rigoletto
Contributor
Contributor

I need to enable IPN but it's asking me for a url.

Which url does it want?  Is it my website, or my email, or my paypal email or something else?

I've read what it is and how it works, but that doesn't answer my question. And..what the heck is 'a listener'?  I'm assuming the listener is the url that it's asking for, so....no clue.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Rigoletto,

What is an IPN? 

The IPN would be the URL that would notify you a payment has been made from your server.  

Instant Payment Notification is a message service that notifies you about updates to your PayPal transactions. You can use it to automate administrative functions, such as fulfilling orders, tracking shipments, and providing status updates.

Instant Payment Notifications can update you on the following items: Instant payments (including Express Checkout and direct credit card payments), eCheck payments, Pending payments, Recurring payments and subscriptions, Authorizations, Disputes, chargebacks, reversals, and refunds.

Instant Payment Notification is automatically included with PayPal Website Payment products, Express Checkout, and Standard Checkout.

Here is some additional information in regrads to IPN.

Smiley Happy Misty

Login to Me Too

RickTroup
New Community Member

Good Day to One and All,

How many IPN's can I have?

Rick Troup

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello RickTroup,

Welcome to the Forums.

You can have one IPN per a PayPal account, if you need assistance with setting it up here are some instructins, click on the profile link (under my account), click on my selling tools, click update next to Instant Payment Notifications (under getting paid and managing risk section) and enter in the notification URL and select "Receive IPN messages." and finally click save. I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.