Transfer Recurring Subcriptions to New Site Owner

open4biz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I own a website that uses Paypal's monthly recurring subscriptions system as our payment system. We have less than a hundred subscriptions. If we sold the website tomorrow, how would we transfer those recurring payments to the new owner? Obviously the sale would be in jeopardy if there were no way to do this, so I am hoping there is a way!

Is it as simple as removing the email address the subscriptions are tied to, from my account.. and then having the new owner activate them on his end?

Thank you in advance for any help. Man Very Happy

Regards,

Ansel

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello open4biz,

Unfortunately there is not a way to transfer a recurring subscription to another PayPal account. The only way you can keep the subscriptions in tact is to have the new owner take over the current PayPal account and update all the information on the account.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

open4biz
Contributor
Contributor

Frankly, I feared that was the case and planned to transfer my account with the site, as you mentioned.

But that's a horrible 'solution'. Is this an appropriate place where I can request such a feature for future PayPal development?

Thanks,

Ansel

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.