TIN Change Question

Gcommerce
Contributor
Contributor

I will be changing my PayPal TIN for the new year (2012).  Do I need to wait for the change to go into effect before I receive payments to avoid them being applied to my old TIN (2011)?

Thanks in advance....

Gary

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Gcommerce and Welcome to the Community Robot wink

This is a great question! You will want to wait to change your TIN for the 2012 year until after you receive your 2011 1099-K form, this will ensure the income from the year 2011 is reported to the proper TIN. (that is if you met the IRS reporting thresholds). I hope this helps. 

~Misty

Login to Me Too

Gcommerce
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response...  Can you also tell me if the 2011 1099k info. will be available onsite under "2011 tax documents" on or before Jan 31st?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Gcommerce, 

Thank you for your response...  Can you also tell me if the 2011 1099k info. will be available onsite under "2011 tax documents" on or before Jan 31st?

You are very welcome Smiley Happy!

The 2011 1099-K digital tax document will be available to download in your PayPal account from now until the middle of February. The hard copies will be mailed out (post marked) by January 31st. So you should be receiving both copies real soon.

~Misty

Login to Me Too

Gcommerce
Contributor
Contributor

Available for download now??  Please explain where, when & how?  I hate to go back and forth but with the long delay's and limited information in your responses it looks like we have to.  Why answer a question with a response that will obviously generate another question that you likely arent going to get to in time for your answer to be useful??  I'm asking these questions here because everytime I call for cust. service I get "ummmmmm, what's a 1099k?  I'm not familiar with that, please hold why I check that for you".

This is going past frustrating.   

Login to Me Too

Gcommerce
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, you said "now" and I believe that's what time it is.....  Wheresitat?

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Gcommerce,

Let me clarify what I mean by now until the middle of February. The 1099-K digital copies will be available to view in your PayPal account any day now, there is not a specific date as to when each customer will be able to view the copy.  Mid February would be a worst case scenario as to when it will be available. Just keep checking your PayPal account for an update.

To view the 1099K document: log into your PayPal account, roll your mouse over the History link (under My account), and select Tax Documents.

~Misty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.