Suspicious Purchase

dressexec
New Community Member

I use Paypal pro or whatever it is being called these days to process credit cards on my website. I received an order today that is unusually large from a customer in Israel that I have never dealt with before. This order may be legitimate but my exposure is about 3000USD if it is fraud. The only fraud filters that were triggered were 1. risky bin - which is triggered by many good purchases - 2. avs mismatch - which is not supported internationally and 3. unconfirmed address - which does not indicate much really. The address verification and the CSC were a match. What can I do to make sure it is not fraud?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MerchantAA
Contributor
Contributor

I use PayPal Website Pro and I also got two orders from places outside US this morning.

I would like PayPal to help contacting the buyers' card issuing banks to

1) verify if the card holders placed the orders outside of US

2) confirm they are legitimate transactions.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello dressexec,

Welcome to the Board!

I can certainly understand that you would be concerned with this type of transaction scenario. There is a website out there that you could verify the card information and find out more information about the card here. You can also call PayPal and we can verify the address in regards to the customer. I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.