Subscription for a business in France

GR8
New Community Member

Hello,

We are a French company with a Freemium web site, and we want to set up subscriptions on our web site.

The French PayPal hot line insists that subscriptions are only availble to buyers with a PayPal account, i.e. end users will not be able to subscribe with a credit or debit card.

This sounds crazy, as I already pay my Spotify and Instapaper subscription with a credit card. I signed up to Instapaper's paid subscription just now. It works.

My question is: Is the Subscription with credit card limited to US merchants or otherwise not allowed in France? Or is the nice lady I had on the phone an idiot misinformed?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello GR8, 

Welcome to the Forums. 

That is correct, the PayPal subscription button is not available in France. Where the subscription button is available the buyer does need to have a PayPal account, by using your PayPal account that allows the buyer to use the PayPal balance, bank account or credit card to subscribe and make the payment each month there after. I hope this clears up any confusion.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.