Subscribe button displaying all menu options instead of a drop down

homerj39
New Community Member

Hi. I am trying to create a Subscribe button for my WordPress.org site and the preview for my Subscribe button shows the various payment options in a drop-down menu format, which I want, but when I paste the code into my my page it displays every single payment option in its own box. Anyone else have this issue? What did you do? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello homerj39, 

Welcome to the Community Robot wink.

WordPress is tricky because it does not like web forms and when you paste the HTML code to the website the code is stripped and that is why it is showing up with, "every single payment option in its own box."

Here is a step-by-step tutorial directly from the WordPress.com website.

I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

268words
New Community Member

Hi Misty,

That works for the donate button. Thank you for the solution! But the Subscribe button, which I need also, does not have an email tab. Any suggestions?

Best,

Joe

Login to Me Too

268words
New Community Member

I am also homerj39 from above. I have two PayPal accounts. Sorry if this causes any confusion.

Joe

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello 268words, 

If you are using a drop down menu you will not see the email option for any button type. WordPress only allows users to use the code found in the link for Email. Really the only route you can go when you are not able to use a drop down menu is to create a separate button or I know you can add a PayPal button as a Plugin through your WordPress Dashboard. I hope this helps.

~Misty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.