Subscribe Button w/Options Not Working Properly

epicchange
Contributor
Contributor

I just created two Subscribe buttons with multiple price options on the Paypal site but when I embed the button on my site, regardless of what price option I select, it always defaults to the first price option.

Here's a link to the site with the buttons embedded (under the "Become a Monthly Subscriber" heading on the right):

http://www.epicchange.org/donate2test.php

I've tried recreating the buttons and using existing buttons to create a similar button but they all give me the same result.  Any help with making this work properly would be greatly appreciated!

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello epicchange,

I am sorry you are experiencing these problems. I did test both of the buttons (under the "Become a Monthly Subscriber" heading on the right) and all the options are working for me when I add them. I am not sure if you fixed them since you posted your Thread, if you are still having problems I would be glad to look into it again for you.

Misty

Login to Me Too

FACampaign
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue and have not been able to resolve it. The only thing that is not working is the drop down option not being reflected in the checkout page after the button is clicked. I am using a custom button image, could this be one of the reasons?

please help 🙂

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello FACampaign,

The custom button image would not have anything to do with what is added to your cart. Can I ask what is showing up when you add to the cart and what should show up?

Misty

Login to Me Too

FACampaign
Contributor
Contributor

I have 3 options for donations - 10/month | 25/month | 40/month - No matter what option is selected in the menu it takes you to a checkout page for 10 per month subscription. Here is the link to the page: http://felixarroyo.com/?page_id=65

thank you,

Login to Me Too

chilesite
Contributor
Contributor

Just bumping this thread because I am having the same trouble. I'm not sure what else to do.

The page is located here: http://martinilutheran.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=120:paypal-donation-informat...

We have tried to do the $150/mo option but it was not possible - no matter what option we choose it defaults to the first option of $100/mo.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Login to Me Too

To anyone who is interested, I was able to fix the problem. I wanted to post the solution because in my search I saw a lot of unresolved threads about this.

The issue was that my options were all called 'Offering'. We did this to make it uniform, but once I added letter codes to it, everything was fixed. Hopefully that can help someone else in the future.

Cheers!

Login to Me Too

chilesite
Contributor
Contributor

hdi
Contributor
Contributor

What do you mean by letter codes? I'm also putting in variable monthly amounts for the donor to choose from, but then I'm supposed to fill in the "Billing amount each cycle" field. Won't that vary depending on what the donor chooses?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.