Special Instructions box is impossible to find

mfrances
Contributor
Contributor

It just took me an hour (!)  to find where the special instructions box was printing out. There is absolutely no way a customer is ever going to find it. On the paypal documentation it looks like it should be on the cart "invoice" screen in that nice empty white space on the left. (which was bad enough as a link, instead of a box). But now it's just a tiny, microscopic "add" link after some text buried in a totally meaningless spot. Eee gads. So useless! This is an important box, paypal. Why isn't it an actual text box? You know, just a box. Something to type in. What's with this fancy animation and stuff. Just put a box there for crying out loud.

Does anyone have any text for that link that gets customers to actually see it?

I'm thinking something like 

*****!!!! HEY YOU, PLEASE CLICK THIS MICROSCOPIC "add" link to LEAVE US INSTRUCTIONS ------->--->-->

Help! Supposed to go live this week. And I'm afraid I need yet another hack workaround to get paypal functional. 😞 A redirect on my end that emails me the special instructions before sending the customer off to add the item to the cart. What a mess.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

licht
New Community Member

Where can I find the special instruction box to add instructions for the merchant?

Login to Me Too

mfrances
Contributor
Contributor

It's on the Review Your Information screen of the checkout process. It's below the shipping address and above the payment methods. It's not a box, it's just a text line with an blue underlined link that says "add". You can change the text line, but you're stuck with the word "add" as the link, which isn't a logical word to have there.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.