Shipping methods not displayed in cart

PeakScooter
Contributor
Contributor

I have a new site using paypal add to cart buttons.

Two shipping methods are set up and should be offered to the customer.

Shipping calculation is by weight.

When items are placed in the cart only one method is displayed, the customer does not see the other option. 

I think this may be the same issue as https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/How-to-use-PayPal/shipping-costs/m-p/1129#M382.  But I don't get the answer posted.

What am I doing wrong, how can I get both options to display?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Jason
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi PeakScooter-

If I'm reading the info in the linked post correctly, it sounds like that issue may be slightly different.

At www.paypal.com/developer, there is a Support link in the upper-right hand corner of the dedicated developer area where more technical issues could be asked of the Developer Community.  There are some other resources to help you there as well.

I'd defer to our technical subject matter experts either here or in the Developer Community for a solution to your question.

Thanks,

Jason

Login to Me Too

mrk3376
New Community Member

I'm having a similar issue.  Just set up paypal cart today for my website.  Setup two shipping methods.  When i give the cart a test run though my site, neither shipping method shows up at all.  only a "ship to" [zip code] option where no matter what is typed in results in $0 shipping and handling.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

The shipping methods will not be presented to the customer until after they either enter their credit card information or login to their PayPal Account.   This behavior is by design.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

toucanfoods
New Community Member

So it displays an amount associated with one of the shipping methods and expects the customer to enter their credit card information before they are given the option of selecting a potentially lower cost shipping method?

Login to Me Too

PeakScooter
Contributor
Contributor

It is indeed the case that the shipping methods are not presented until deep into the checkout process.  That resolves my issue.

Another question though, can I control which shipping method is presented first?

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Unfortunately not as there are no features or options to control this behavior.   Nor can you have custom names for the methods.   It's been requested several times via Feature Requests that this be changed.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.