Setup fee + Monthly Subscription

jsanty
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to create a Paypal button on my website that charges an initial setup fee for a website, plus a monthly subscription. Is this possible with Paypal? Thanks!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello jsanty, 

Welcome to the Forums.

Yes, you can create a subscription button, it will allow you to set up an initial set up  fee and a monthly subscription there after. Here’s how to create a “Subscribe” button: log in to your PayPal account, click “Merchant Services,” click “Subscribe” under “Create Buttons,” complete Step 1 with your button details, click “Create Button,” and Click “Select Code.”

Copy and paste the HTML button code to your website while logged in.

The ability to create a subscription button is available only for Website Payments Standard.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

jsanty
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks so much for your response Misty, 

Unfortunately, I am still having issues.

Sorry if I was unclear.

I was hoping to create 3 different packages for purchase. Example below.

Option 1: $100 setup; $10/month

Option 2: $200 setup; $20/month

Option 3: $300 setup; $30/month

Each package would have a different setup fee and subscription model. 

Is it possible to do this? 

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello jsanty,

You are very Welcome!

Using the subscription button there is not way to set up 3 different packages with a different setup fee and subscription model. You could set up each option with a separate button. Otherwise you can hop on over to the PayPal Developer Forum and they may be able to help you with a better solution.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.