Set up - Installing Buttons

wmh
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the process of initial set up, linking buttons to PayPal, and have not launched the updated web site yet. I am installing "buy Now" buttons and did a preview to check the button links. Instead of going to a pay site the response was "This content cannot be displayed in a frame". Is this because I have not launched the site yet? I have a number of these buttons to install and wanted to find out what I was doing wrong before going any further. Hope someone can help. Thanks, Bill

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi wmh,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

That error usually means that your button code is in a frame.  Frames do not always work well with PayPal buttons for security reasons.  You'll want to make sure that the buttons have target="paypal" to see if that helps solve the problem.  If not, you'll need to make sure that your site isn't trying to load the paypal site in a frame.

<form target="paypal" action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">

I hope this helps! 😄

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.