Sending purchasers of my ebook to a download page

Hi,

I will be selling a new how-to ebook from my website and am using Paypal Buy Now button for the payments.

I am now building that website and have successfully integrated the Paypal button on the product page. Next, I would like to send the buyer/customer to a download page. I want to make sure that only customers that have made a payment via the Buy Now button is redirected to that page.

I figured out that I need to turn on the auto return feature, but am a little stumped here as I don't know really how I should link the two (or where exactly to redirect the customer to). I suppose it is easy enough to redirect to a "success.html" page with a link to the PDF file, right? But if I do that, I am guessing that anyone could access that page from the internet and download the ebook file, right? Then, I thought maybe I should create a passworded folder and put the success page inside of it. But if I do that, I'm guessing I have to worry about getting the customer a password to enter the passworded area.

I am pretty lost, so if there is a simpler solution of how to send customers who have paid for the product to a download page but still prevent just anyone from accessing that download page, I would really appreciate your help/advice.

Thanks very much!

Tres

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello trescunningham,

Welcome to the Community Robot wink.

PayPal Digital Goods was designed to sell gaming, media, or software content online to customers all around the globe. Check out more information on how Digital Goods works. I hope this will work for you.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

trescunnin
New Community Member

Thanks for your reply. I dont have a company so maybe I cant use that option. I will read up on it in more detail. Thanks again.

Tres

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello trescunnin, 

You are welcome! You actually do not need to have a company, you just need to have a PayPal Business account and a website to set up Digital Goods.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.