Sandbox Business Account 500 Internal Server Error

metrathon
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure where to post this but here we go anyway: if you click the "Start now" button for Express Checkout in Sandbox Business Account -> My Business Setup -> My payment solution, you get a nice 500 Internal Server Error. See the screen shot below.

Any ideas?

Untitled-1.jpg

Thanks

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

metrathon
Contributor
Contributor

Anybody? This is a serious error ...

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello metrathon,

You have very good questions, however PayPal does have a Developer Forum dedicated to Sandbox questions they would be able to better answer your questions. Here is a direct link. I hope this will help.

~ Misty

Login to Me Too

bryceyg
New Community Member

Hi Misty,

Your forum link serves a 404 error, in fact X.Commerce is riddled with broken links.

The PayPal Sandbox 500 errors is a serious issue and still persists.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RobG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

The 'My Business Setup' page merely serves marketing information, and is thus not available on the Sandbox environment. 

With regards to X.commerce: we have very recently completely overhauled the website and are still ironing out all the dead links. Apologies for this. 

----
For technical assistance with PayPal merchant product offerings, please file a ticket at https://www.paypal.com/mts/
Login to Me Too

EKG
New Community Member

I am also experiencing a 500-Internal Server Error.  An Internal Server Error is a serious problem indicating that your software is crashing.  To say that the page is not available is ridiculous, because we would be receiving a 404-Page not found error instead. 

There appears to be some serious issues with the sandbox because many of the links render Internal Server errors - which makes the sandbox useless for testing. 

If I can't test using a sandbox prior to going live, then I will seriously reconsider recommending PayPal to future clients.  I hope to see this issue fixed soon.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RobG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

EKG,

HTTP 500 is merely the HTTP status code our code tells the server to return when it detects the pages are not available. And based on that HTTP status code, we serve an appropriate (matching) error document. In this case, 'Internal Server Error'.

I suppose we could discuss on whether it should be 404 or 500, but rest assured there is no "server error" as such. That's simply the wording belonging to HTTP status code 500.

With regards to this section of Sandbox: we are working with our engineering team to bring the marketing content back on Sandbox.

----
For technical assistance with PayPal merchant product offerings, please file a ticket at https://www.paypal.com/mts/
Login to Me Too

chillysnow
Contributor
Contributor

To just return a 500 error when using any of the setup links in the sandbox is pitifully poor programming.  Further it's not just "marketing info", these links allow you to set up things such as the return URL, auto return and a load of other things. This makes sandbox next to worthless and in turn makes paypal itself much more difficult to set up, and it's pretty difficult already.

Lastly, this problem has shamefully been going on for months if not longer, and is still not fixed.  All in all a dismal experience.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RobG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello chillysnow,

The actual functionality you mention is available via Profile > My selling tools > Payment Preferences (or Profile > Payment Receiving Preferences / Website Payment Preferences, depending on your account type).

I will follow up with our engineering team on the status of this part of the Sandbox.

Regards,

Rob

----
Login to Me Too

gelliottbeer
New Community Member

Hi thanks for the great reply this helped me, find my way through to the ipn and pdt settings i was looking for 🙂 It is a shame that the full invironment is not functional at the moment as it would be alot of help to other amature developers (like me) to be able go through to configuration process as we would on the live system. But at least it can be done! This forum was extremely hard to find though.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.