Return to "businessname" issue

streamweaver
Contributor
Contributor

I have a Business account and I use buttons hosted by PayPal.

When anyone visits my site & places an order, the checkout process says Return to myemailaddress or Cancel and Return to myemailaddress.

I want it to say Return to mybusinessname instead of my email address.

1) My business name IS my PayPal account name so that's not the problem.

2) My buttons contain the special variable cbt=mybusinessname

3) I've cleared cookies, history and cache with no effect.

I need to know where to go to stop the message from displaying my email address so that it can  display my account name/business name.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

I am having the same exact problem.  I sent in a support ticket and got a response that I needed to call Scott for help.  Then two days later a survey to see if Scott had helped me.  I don't have time to sit on their hold and wade through the bots.  It has to be an easy fix somewhere.  I am also trying to figure out how to change my shipping address from showing my personal name to my company name.

kendra

Login to Me Too

leopr2
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem.  I want the cancel return to my site not trying to go to the email.  Let me know if you correct this.

Thanks

@ArchwayVariety wrote:

I am having the same exact problem.  I sent in a support ticket and got a response that I needed to call Scott for help.  Then two days later a survey to see if Scott had helped me.  I don't have time to sit on their hold and wade through the bots.  It has to be an easy fix somewhere.  I am also trying to figure out how to change my shipping address from showing my personal name to my company name.

kendra

Login to Me Too

NateClark
New Community Member

I have found the solution to this problem.

It took some digging but it's easy enough in the end (like always - finding these snippets in the document ocean is too difficult !)

Anyway, the short of it is that you need to upgrade to a Business account. Not necessarily the web interface you are using (Website Payments Standard, vs. WP pro, etc, etc). It's the account you have on PayPal.

Now, I also looked and looked but could not find that there is any fee differential between a Personal, or Premier, or Business account - that it is all 2.9% for every type of account. So, regardless of the implied difference in the name of the account type - it doesn't appear to cost any extra to convert your account to Business.

Caveat - I did so, and they didn't state anywhere that there would be any extra charge, they also didn't state there wouldn't be, so the proof of that will be in a month or two when I check for surprise transactions.

To do this change, go to your profile, in the left is "Personal/Business Information", follow that link and there is a button to "Upgrade" (again, implying additional cost !?).

I did this, like I say, didn't see anything asking for more money or payment info.

After doing this, you will have the opportunity to supply your Business Name - and that will appear in the links you initially posted about.

Also, when I did this, pointing my shopping cart to paypal checkout brought up an internal server error from the paypal server - a little weird, but I went through some of the options for Website Payments Standard connected with my PayPal account and after a while this error went away, and voila - I had the proper links appearing when i go to PayPal from my shopping cart.

Good luck with it.

Nate Clark

Login to Me Too

NateClark
New Community Member

Wow, I must be blind or something - I see you said right off the bat that you have a Business Account !

Anyway - then maybe all you have to do is follow that profile link, which in your case would be:

"Business Information"

And in there is the place you can change your Business Name - which is the field used for those links.

So you were one step closer to the solution than I was.

So, maybe my prior more long winded explanation will help somebody else.

Nate Clark

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.