Recipient only sees HTML code - No Button

presentercoach
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, I'll admit this is probably the most  basic of questions, but please know that I have gone through at least 8 pages here in this forum to find the answer. All I'm trying to do with a standard PayPal button that says "Pay Now" is to get the actual button graphic to appear on my recipient's email.

What appears now is the HTML code, and when I speak to PP Support, they tell me that is what happens - a link appears that takes my "buyer" to the login screen, where they click continue to use the credit card payment option.

Naive me! I thought when I pasted the button code in my outbound email, a button would be visible to the addressee.

Do I need to do something specific with the graphical image of the "Pay Now" button to link the HTML to that button so it shows up on the other end?

Thanks for your patience with a "newbie" to the PP world.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

eastmansnature
New Community Member

I'm having the same problem.  I follow all the directions, and only get the "code", but no pay button from my site.  Please HELP!

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Couple of things here.   It's best to use a hyperlink in an email as trying to use an actual graphic can cause issues.  Not everyone's email is configured for HTML Views.  So you send out something that looks perfectly fine on your computer email and the person on the other end simply ends up looking at lot of clueless text.   This makes you look not so professional.  Also, some folk's systems antivirus software may remove any suspicious code or simply convert the HTML Email to Text.

What works best is start with the email version of the item button code, then tweak it a little to function as a hyperlink.  Most email applications can even do the tweaking for you, you just insert the email version of the code.   For example, here is a basic "Buy Now" email version of the code.   All I did was insert the created email version of the code.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.