Quantity discount for 5 or more items

bweed
New Community Member

I am using a Buy Now button to sell CDs. Users can upate their quantity on PayPal's site after they click Buy Now. I would like to give them a 10% discount if they purchase 5 or more CDs.

I see how to give a discount using PayPal's HTML variables for 2 or more items, but I don't want to give a discount until the 5th item.

Can anyone provide some code or help for me? The site is located at http://neartotheheart.com/shopping-cart/

Thank you!

Brian

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi bweed,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

If I understand you correctly, you would like to give a 10% discount on the entire order if the customer purchases 5 or more CDs.

I'm sorry to say that there's no automatic way to do this with PayPal using the existing discount variables.  It's possible to collect the quantity using JavaScript and change the amount or discount variables but you would need to have a developer implement that for you if you're not familiar with JavaScript.  Checkout our Developer Directory to find a list of PayPal developers.

I hope this helps. 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.