Promotional emails - how do I send them?

kenzilisa
Contributor
Contributor

I have clients who have opted to receive promotional emails but I can't find out how to send emails to these people or even just see a list of who opted in.  Other questions posted never got answered.  Can anyone help?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello kenzilisa,

This would be something you would want to check with your email account provider as this would not have to do with the PayPal side. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

~ Misty 

Login to Me Too

kenzilisa
Contributor
Contributor

What is the purpose of choosing the "promotional emails" option? Is this something PayPal collects from our clients so they can send them information?  Or is it information that we as PayPal customers can use? If it's the latter, how do we access a list of the people who opted to receive promotional emails?

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello kenzilisa,

I am sorry, where are you seeing this option available to your buyers? This does not sound like a PayPal service.

~Misty

Login to Me Too

kenzilisa
Contributor
Contributor

I still haven't gotten an answer about this from PayPal.

There is a setting that allows customers to check a button if they are interested in receiving promotional emails.  If that email information is being collected by PayPal is there a way for me to collect that information.  I'd like to be able to send promotional emails to those people who say that want such emails.

Login to Me Too

1tierRugby
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Paypal_Misty.

I think kenzilisa is referring to the option we can choose at..Customise your payment page > 'Options' tab >and the checkbox at the bottom of that page to "Offer promotional emails"

Can you help?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

alexwrekk
New Community Member

I am interested in this too. I have offered promotional e-mail and would like to retrieve them to add them to my mail chimp account to send out my newsletter. If it is true that we have to look at each individual transaction to get the e-mail address then what good is this option when I have thousands of transactions a year?

Here is a tutorial on how it is to be set up : http://www.tantalizingstitches.com/blog1/newsletter-subscription-paypal/

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.