Please help, I'm losing money!!

saff1978
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have to cake websites than I run from home. www.Cakeetc.co.uk and www.bfpocakes.co.uk. These are both built in wordpress and use paypal express checkout. My problem is that about 50% of orders that are placed are not completeing payment, I go to the back end of my websites and can see that the customer has done everything but pay, I somewhat stupidly put this down to browser errors or the user changing their mind as whenever I put a test order through using both IE and google chrome it works fine. However a friend of mine recently placed an order and the same thing happened but she thought the order had been successfully placed as it was only when she was expecting delivery of her cake ad I didnt turn up as I knew nothing about it that she contacted me. I then went into the back end of my website and could see where she had placed the order but no payment recieved. She checked her bank statements and no money had been taken. I'm losing far too many orders this way and obviously customers are thinking the cakes just arent being sent, but I'm assuming not contacting me as theyre not out of pocket. Can anyone help? I am posting this same post on a wordpress forum as I dont know where the problem lies and neither does my web developer.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Saffron

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello saff1978,

Welcome to the Forums.

I am sorry you are having these issues. I did go to the website URL you provided and went through and added (my favorite, Brownies) to the cart, put in my billing information and clicked the purple button "Make a Purchase" and the link does not work. It looks like your customers may be getting stuck there, I am using IE 7. You can also call PayPal directly and speak to one of our Merchant Technical Agents or you can pop over to the PayPal Developer Forum and see of anyone has a resolution for you. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

saff1978
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help, I've just tried putting an order through on IE8 and it was fine so I need to look at IE7...

Thanks again

Saff

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello saff1978,

Thank you for letting me know. I hope you get it figured out. Good Luck.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.