Paypal buy now and inventory control

RogerC
Contributor
Contributor

I'm building a website with WebPlus 5 which will have a large number of individual items on it. The site is populated from a database, which creates individual records. I want to add an Add to cart button for each item to allow users to use the shopping cart, and use the inventory control feature to make sure that each item can only be purchased once. WebPlus will allow me to create each record with an Add to cart Button, but I don't want to have to manually enter the quantity and price for each item for inventory control. Is there a way in which this can be done automatically by indicating that there is only one of each item?

Hope you are able to help, as I am concerned about multiple customers trying to buy an item.

Thanks in advance

Roger

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

eisvoleas7
Contributor
Contributor
i want to hear an answer about the pricing issue .... in this case you cant create 1.000 buy now buttons with fixed price , you have to change the price with some way... i want the same thing , but amount hudden input in html form does not do the job.....
Login to Me Too

RogerC
Contributor
Contributor

In Webplus the price is attached to each item in the database, and this populates each form. The Paypal button picks up this price, and sends it through to the shopping cart and ultimately checkout. However, once the item has been sold, there is no easy way of preventing it from being sold again. The item needs to reflect the fact that it has been sold, and this does not seem a straighforward thing to do without a major programming effort.

Login to Me Too

eisvoleas7
Contributor
Contributor

what do you mean , it populates the form ? can you give me the code ? the paypal input field tha "changes" the price... i want used hidden input ammount but it does not work...

now for your problem , if i were you , i would use php SESSIONS in order to hide and show the buy button ... or if you can no more future buys by the user , you can add the user id who buys it at your database with the product id , and then every time you load the page , you will check if the user id checkout once with this product

Login to Me Too

RogerC
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll give it a go. As far as the  Webplus database goes, the code is in the Serif WebPlus programme. You create a database file (CSV) and upload this using an ecommerce tool. This creates a repeating from with each record being one database entry. Each also has a BuyNow or Add to Cart button appended, which picks up the information from the database record to pass to the cart or paypal.My problem is then how to pass the fact that a user has clicked the button back to the right record on the webpage, and update it.

I suggest you have a look at www.firesnet.co.uk/webplus.html and look at the section about creating the e-commerce database.

Hope this is helpful.

Login to Me Too

eisvoleas7
Contributor
Contributor

probably you didnt understand what i want to know... now i use this code

<form action="https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post" name="paynow" id="paynow">           <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_s-xclick">

<input type="hidden" name="hosted_button_id" value="QRYFTK9PHPVYC">

<input type="hidden" name="quantity" value="1">

</form>

to display the buy know button.

i tried to add

<input type="hidden" name="amount" value="15.00">

in order to add the buy now price but it does not work , so i want to know how i can change the price

Login to Me Too

RogerC
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, but I'm not able to help you on this one. I'm not a javascript programmer, and am struggling with the basics of it myself.

Login to Me Too

eisvoleas7
Contributor
Contributor

ok i figured it out , did you know how this is working ???

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/howto_html_paymentdatatr...

or do you know a method how to verify that he paid you ?  it isn't enough to go to success.php

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.