Paypal account optional

threadedtype
New Community Member

Hi, I was wondering how can I set up paypal account optional feature. I have read that I could do it by going to Website Payment Preferences but there is no optio. I really need help with this.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello

Here are a few tips of why that option is not available to you.

PayPal Account Optional allows customers to complete website payments with PayPal even if they don’t have a PayPal account. To use this feature, you need to have a verified PayPal account, and you need to confirm the email address you use to accept the payments.

Here’s how to turn on PayPal Account Optional: Log in to your PayPal Business account, Click "Profile" near the top of the page, Click "My selling tools," Click "Update" near "Website preferences,"  Select "On" under "PayPal Account Optional" near the bottom of the page and Click "Save."

Here’s how to turn off PayPal Account Optional: Log in to your PayPal Business account, Click "Profile" near the top of the page, Click "My selling tools," Click "Update" near "Website preferences,"  Select "Off" under "PayPal Account Optional" near the bottom of the page and Click "Save."

I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

zuby
New Community Member

I have the same issue, but when I turn off the Paypal Account Optional it remains turn on. How can i turn off Paypal Account Optional? 

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello zuby,

Welcome to the forums.

My question to you is, are you using a third party shopping cart? If you are I would check the cart settings to make sure the PayPal account optional settings are turned off as well. I hope this helps. 

Smiley HappyMisty 

Login to Me Too

Ecommy
New Community Member

Hello,

I have a verified paypal business account, I confirmed all addresses but the option is still not available to me.
Any other ideas?

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Ecommy,

This option is not available for all accounts, if your account is an international PayPal account this option may not be available for you. You may want to contact PayPal directly to find out if this is an option available for your account if you do have an International account. Let me know if you have further questions.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

natstewart
New Community Member

Hello, I am having an odd problem.  On one of my computers (the one I am using now and usually use) when i check my payment button, paypal is optional.  When i use other computers, it takes me to the screen where paypal is mandatory.  I am a USA based user with a business account. 

I checked my settings as you suggested above and I do have it set to make paypal optional.  

Login to Me Too

Perrydice007
Contributor
Contributor

is this option only available to Business accounts?  Cause I have Premier.. and according to this page.. I should have it.. https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/merchant/WAXLanding-outside

Login to Me Too

Perrydice007
Contributor
Contributor

It works now, I believe it was because my email was unconfirmed,  But not its confirmed and i have option now.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.