Paypal Shopping Cart question

ez11
Contributor
Contributor

I am selling one of a kind items, and when I set up the Paypal shopping cart, it gives the option of having the buyer change the quantity of the item. How do I eliminate the ability of the buyer to change the quantity? I need it to stay as one. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello ez11, 

Welcome to the Forums.  

You can set up a Buy Now button that will not allow your buyers to update the quantity of an item. However, if you use the PayPal Shopping cart button there is not a way to eliminate buyers from updating the quantity once they get to the check out screen.   

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

ez11
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

This is definately a flaw in the Paypal shopping cart. And it needs to be fixed.

There are a number of us unable to use the Paypal shopping cart due to this problem.

Paypal should not assume that everyone that uses the shopping cart has multiple copies of an item to sell. EBay doesn';t function that way, either.

Can you put a word in to the programmers that this needs to be fixed?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

FireplaceDoctor
New Community Member

I have a related question. Does anybody know of a good Paypal plugin for Wordpress or Wordpress muti site? My site is  The Fireplace Doctor of Pensacola/Milton. Please let me know if anyone knows of any.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello FireplaceDoctor,

Welcome to the Forums.

From my personal knowledge the easiest plugin for PayPal is the Wordpress SImple PaPal Shopping Cart Plugin found here. This plugin allows you to add an 'Add to cart' button on any posts or pages. The shopping cart can also be displayed on any post, page or sidebar as well. I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RobG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi ez11,

You can use the 'Track inventory' functionality for this.

Simply log in to your account and create a new 'Shopping cart' button. Tick the 'Track inventory' option in Step 2 of the button creation tool to enable inventory tracking and set 'Can customers buy an item when it is sold out?' to 'No, don't let customers buy the item'.

This will alert the buyer when the item he/she is buying is out of stock (e.g. ordering 2 quantities of a one-off item.)

It's not ideal for your particular situation, but it will at least prevent multiple orders going through for the same product.

----
For technical assistance with PayPal merchant product offerings, please file a ticket at https://www.paypal.com/mts/
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.