Paypal Pro doesn't redirect my customers back to my site after they make a paypal payment.

nisupply
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using Paypal pro for some time now on my website in order to allow my customers to use either their credit card or pay using their paypal account.

I have no problems accepting credit card payments on the site, however when a customer pays using their paypal account, they can make the payment, but they are not redirected to my website, therefore not "Completing the transaction" I get paid,but they don't get an order confirmation which causes frustration on their part.

I'm assuming it's something I just missed but can someone help me figure this out?

thanks

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

nisupply
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your response, but I've already had Website Payments Pro set up on my site and have been receiving payments (even paypal payments) but I don't see where i can change any options for my notifications.

Any ideas?

Login to Me Too

linda0703
New Community Member

hi nj,

it's pretty simple to do.  from what i recall, login to your paypal account.  go to 'profile' then 'more options'.  when you're at the 'more options area, one is specifically to redirect customers back to your website.

linda

Login to Me Too

AngelSpeaks
Contributor
Contributor

Go to My Profile on Paypal.

Click My Selling Tools.

When you see this:

Website preferences
Bring customers back to my website after they pay with PayPal.
Click Update
You want: Auto Return for Website Payments.  Click ON.
Login to Me Too

nisupply
Contributor
Contributor

I changed the website that it redirects the customer back to. It was taking them to my home page and not back to the checkout screen which i am thinking that is why the order is never "Completed" on our site.

I have no way to test it until a customer uses the paypal option, so I will let you know if that worked.

thanks for all your help

J

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RobG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Just to clarify this for future readers: this applies to Website Payments Standard.

Website Payments Pro gives you the ability to process card transactions on your own website, and as such there is no 'return URL' for Website Payments Pro transactions.

----
For technical assistance with PayPal merchant product offerings, please file a ticket at https://www.paypal.com/mts/
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.