Payment Pro for different sites

cclayton
New Community Member

I currently have a website say example-a.com and I use Paypal Payment Pro to take payments, I have setup another site example-b.com but would like to use the same account and API details, is this acceptable? Is there anything I need to do to make this work? I have copied across everything to the new site/server and amended the applicable urls and kept the same usernames and password but it doesnt seem to work and I am unsure why.

Has anyone done this before? Is it possible? I read somewhere that it was which is why I have tried it.

Thanks,

Chris

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_RobG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello,

Technically this is not a problem at all. Your API credentials would stay the same, as would the API endpoint you need to connect to.

What's the issue you're running into? Are you getting a particular error message back from us?

Policy-wise I'm not entirely sure as that isn't my area of expertise. There are of course some considerations when it comes to the kind of category you start selling in, security implications (and responsibiltiies), etcetera.

----
For technical assistance with PayPal merchant product offerings, please file a ticket at https://www.paypal.com/mts/
Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello cclayton,

Welcome to the Community Robot wink.

Just to elaborate on what PayPal_RobG said:

Policy-wise I'm not entirely sure as that isn't my area of expertise. There are of course some considerations when it comes to the kind of category you start selling in, security implications (and responsibilities), etcetera.

Policy-wise this is fine to do, however you will want to make sure the website you are adding the API credentials to are not violating the PayPal User Agreement

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.