PayPal Shipping for Various Items/Weights/Quanities

ChristineHueber
New Community Member

How do I set up my shopping cart so the shipping is variable depending on what's being sent and the weight?  For example, business cards, t-shirts and lawn signs?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Amanda411

Hi ChristineHueber,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Help Forum!

To set up shipping calculations:

1. Go to the PayPal website and log in to your account.
  2. Click "Profile" at the top of the page.
  3. Click the "Shipping Calculations" link in the "Selling Preferences" column.

You can configure domestic or international shipping methods with these options:

• Total order amount (flat rate or percent rate)
  • Total order weight (lbs or kg)
  • Total item quantity (flat rate)

Amanda

Login to Me Too

Lindabad
Contributor
Contributor

Amanda, I have a similar problem but you have not answered the question completely.

I know how to set up the shipping methods, the question is:

How do you assign the different shipping methods to different items in the same shopping cart?  This must be done automatically based on the item bought, it must not be up to the buyer to select the shipping method.

Can this be done?

Login to Me Too

nnllc
Contributor
Contributor

having sorta the same issue, and still confused.

lets say we are selling and shipping soaps, which we are.

some of our items may only weigh a couple of ozs.

priced around $2-3 a $4.95 shipping charge is kinda, well crazy.

we need to be able to calculate shipping by weight of each item as well as in groups of multiple items.

if that made sense.

also a 2 oz package should not cost the same as a 20 oz package which is 4.95 to ship.

how do we set up paypal check out to handle this?

or do we have to go to the post office and weight every item indevidualy, get shipping price to kalamazoo, then manualy put all possable variables in with each item and paypal adds all that at check out?

should be a way for it to add all the weights together then give a shipping charge by weight of total purchase.

how is this done?

Login to Me Too

Sherry
New Community Member

I have a similar situation. On my website I have set up two methods for people to pay--a regular store and PayPal for those who want to go that way. On my regular store, it came with a shipping calculator. The customer can view the various shipping methods and the cost of each, and select the one they want. Doesn't PayPal have anything like that? If not, what do I do? I expect customers will want different shipping methods.

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

How do you assign the different shipping methods to different items in the same shopping cart? 

Other than Duct Tape. 

Unfortunately there's no built in features or options to do this.    It's possible to custom develop an application or mini-cart to do what you have in mind or you may find a 3rd party shopping cart that has the capability you need.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Alisha
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue. My current "fix" works because my three product lines are radically different in weight and cost for me to ship. I created a step function for the total shipping weights and costs. It costs about the same to ship three of the lightest item or one of the medium items. It costs $15 to ship the first heaviest item, but not much to add one of the lighter items to the order. So my shipping cost by weight table looks something like this: (items weight 0.4, 1.5, and 8 lbs.)

0.0 - 0.5      $2.00

0.51 - 1.0    $4.00

1.1 - 7.00    $6.00

7.01 - 15.9 $15.00

16.0 and up $30.00

That's my duct-tape solution. I would love to hear how anyone else has patched this hole.

Login to Me Too

Lanine
New Community Member

Ok.. here's my problem, which is associated but a little different... plus duct tape, if you will.

All of my items are UNDER an Ounce in weight. Accumulated, If I sold 30 of them in one package... I *might* hit a pound. For the Duct Tape Solution: Since PayPal won't let me use decibels, I simply moved the decibel over by 2... so .0625 lbs (1 ounce) becomes 6.3 lbs. Then I just enter the dollar amount as whatever 1 ounce would cost per 6.3 lbs.

Ok.. so that works just fine. Next problem: I can check out every single item I have in stock, and my shipping is still only registering 1 ounce/pound. Why is this?!?!? Anyone have any hints to give me?  I've been fighting with this for 12 hours now.. and it's driving me CRAZY!!! haha

Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.