Pay Pal Buttons on myspace page

4Rivers
New Community Member

I am having trouble getting pay pal pay now buttons to work on my myspace page. Do they work on Myspace.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Emaretta
New Community Member

I'm having the same issue. I copy and past the code, and even tried a hyperlink but when i click on it, it goes to a blank page. I took out the "s" in the http and it went to paypal but with an error on the page. I can't figure out how to get the link to work. 

Login to Me Too

Emaretta
New Community Member

ok here's what i found out...

MySpace and PayPal Item Button Code:

According to MySpace policy, your MySpace profile page cannot contain information (i.e. email) gathering applications and must not include a PayPal link, "Buy", "Buy Now", "Buy Herea" or any similar link. The presence of such links indicate that there is a transaction directly from MySpace, which is strictly prohibited.

Example: "Buy", "Buy Now", and "Buy Here" links on your music page are not allowed. These links take users directly to "shopping carts" and "check out" pages. They give the impression that a sale is being made directly from your MySpace page. MySpace does not condone such transactions. It is against MySpace Terms of Service.

Acceptable Methods to Sell Merchandise

Users may be redirected to an independent, third-party site to purchase band/artist merchandise at their discretion (i.e. CDBaby, iTunes, Amazon, Zazzle, band websites). Links that take users directly to a store/merchant are acceptable.

Example: If your CD can be purchased at CDBaby.com, you may have a link on your page directing users to CDBaby. Your link must take users directly to CDBaby.com or to the CDBaby.com landing page where your CD is located. Users then have the OPTION to either purchase your CD or browse the store. They are not immediately guided to a shopping cart/check out page and given the impression that they must make a purchase. They are free shop.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.