Pay Now button to process credit cards on behalf of my customers triggers a hold

kmonroe
New Community Member

I would like to use a Pay Now button on my website with text boxes that let me fill in price/quantity/shipping amounts.  When I get a customer order, I would like to fill in the payment details, click Pay Now, and fill in the customer's credit card/address/etc on the Paypal site.  I'm basically trying to create a simple version of the Virtual Terminal.

I tried this earlier today and got a "hold" notice by paypal.  Seems this triggers some IP-based fraud filter.  Am I not allowed to enter credit cards on behalf of my customers in this way?  I have both Website Payments Pro and Virtual Terminal services activated on my account, but I prefer to have a simple form on my own site with a Pay Now button.  That way any of my employees can process a sale without having to login to paypal.  Am I missing some way to work around this IP filter?

Thanks,

-Kevin

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.