PCI Compliance

Jeff88
New Community Member

Hi,

I just got approved for PayPal Website Payment Pro and I will be a level 4 merchant. Here is my question...

It seems the 2 recommendations for level 4 merchant; self assessment questionnaire and quarterly security scans are requirement by PayPal. But I can't find any information regarding PCI in my Payment Pro welcome email or my account. The welcome email just said you are approved and you are using Pro right now. I am confused, please help.

Jeff

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

t_stalter
New Community Member

I agree - I am signed up for payment pro, but am not sure if I have to provide PCI Compiance or if using PayPal provides it by default.

Are there other steps I need to take or can I just open and start selling?

Login to Me Too

TFW_Designs
New Community Member

I just started with WPP and haven't been asked for a PCI cert. I am waiting for that day, but I am not worried about it. My site will pass.

This is an excert from the terms of service for Websites Payment Pro,

[quote]

PCI Compliance. You agree that at all times you shall be compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS) and the Payment Application Data Security Standards. (PA-DSS), as applicable. You agree to promptly provide us with documentation evidencing your compliance with PCI DSS and/or PA DSS if requested by us. You also agree that you will use only PCI compliant service providers in connection with the storage, or transmission of Card Data defined as a cardholder’s account number, expiration date, and CVV2. You must not store CVV2 data at any time.

[/quote]

Found another links for more information.

https://www.paypal.com/pcicompliance

As I understand it, we just agree to meet all PCI compliance standards and we must provice proof upon request. Even though they seem not to want the quarterly scans. It is best to make sure your site is compliant just in cast.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.