Offering several options for shipping

SoapMaker
New Community Member

I want to offer free shipping to locals so that they can pick up their orders - instead of having to pay for shipping. But I also have many out of town orders.  Is it possible to give an option for pick up?  I've set up "free shipping" in my profile, but find that it gives free shipping to the whole state. 

What I would like is a "drop-down" list of different shipping options.  Is that possible?  Thank you.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

susanb
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I'd like to know how to set this up, too.  When I add a Pickup button for Minnesota, that is the only option that shows to Minnesota customers even though I have Minnesota also setup for USPS flat rate shipping.   In fact, I haven't been able to get it to give shipping options that I had set up for different states either so I had to disable all those shipping options.   Anyone know how to get this to work correctly?

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

What you have in mind can be done by setting up two shipping methods in your Account Profile.  In the free method, you only include the state you live in.   In the other method, you include all the other states plus the state you live in.  Note, you can't block shipping to a particular state. If that state is not listed with an amount in the shipping table, then shipping defaults to zero. The shipping table/calculations are only designed to create a shipping amount/method and not block an area.  After you have both methods setup, the customer will not see any shipping included on the first PayPal Screens.  After the customer either enters their credit card info or logs into their PayPal Account, if they reside in your state, they will be see a dropdown selection box that allows them to choose the either method.

Another method would be to include the shipping choices with the individual item button code.  See the tips and examples here ideas on how this done.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

newuser23
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried to set up two shipping options:

1. Free Shipping (which worked great as long as it was the only option) and

2. Pick up

Once the Pick Up option was set up it was the only option in the drop down box. We are a church so we have "customers" who desire to pick up at the church at the next service instead of having their product shipped. Yet we do have other customers who want it shipped. All "love" the online ordering system. How can I make this work, allow pick up option and free shipping option?

Can anyone help????

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Sure, for specific one-on-one assistance suggest contacting a Developer.   You can find a list of them here.   This is the type of work these folks do for a living.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

FamilyTree
Contributor
Contributor

Skier,

The link you gave is dead.  Where can I get some code examples for this?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.