New business account or use personal?

RMIV343
New Community Member

I'm starting a small translation business as a trial with homestead.com.  It gives PayPal buttons for free.  I haven't tried them yet, and I'm wondering if I should use my existing personal PayPal account for now while I'm just starting out, or if I should create a business account.  I don't want to give away my personal e-mail address when doing transactions, so I was thinking maybe I should create another account.  Should I do that before or after setting up PayPal on my site?  If I create a new account, can I easily transfer money between my accounts and to my bank account?  Will it show customers what e-mail address I'm using?  Can I have customers agree to pay before I do the job and actually pay when they receive my work?  I'm not sure how to set up PayPal when the prices may vary depending on the job and I don't expect them to actually pay me until I'm done.  I'd appreciate any tips about how to charge for translation using PayPal.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

marcosemanuel
New Community Member

@RMIV343 wrote:

I'm starting a small translation business as a trial with homestead.com.  It gives PayPal buttons for free.  I haven't tried them yet, and I'm wondering if I should use my existing personal PayPal account for now while I'm just starting out, or if I should create a business account.  I don't want to give away my personal e-mail address when doing transactions, so I was thinking maybe I should create another account.  Should I do that before or after setting up PayPal on my site?  If I create a new account, can I easily transfer money between my accounts and to my bank account?  Will it show customers what e-mail address I'm using?  Can I have customers agree to pay before I do the job and actually pay when they receive my work?  I'm not sure how to set up PayPal when the prices may vary depending on the job and I don't expect them to actually pay me until I'm done.  I'd appreciate any tips about how to charge for translation using PayPal.

I WOULD LIKAE TO SET NEW PERSONALACCOUNT..HOW DO i GO ABOUT?

@RMIV343 wrote:

@RMIV343 wrote:

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.