Need help getting a CGI script

AveryJ
Contributor
Contributor

I've turned the auto return "on" in the Payment Transfer Data segment for the customer to be returned to my URL and am supposed to write my own message for them to see...but I don't see anywhere I can do that.  Help?  Tks, AveryJ

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello AveryJ,

With Auto Return on, instead of the customer having to click on the "You Made a Payment" page, the customer sees a payment confirmation payment page for a few seconds before the browser is returned to the sellers website. Auto Return allows merchants to return their buyers to their website upon payment completion. It replaces the PayPal-hosted "Payment Done" page with a page hosted on the merchant's website.

To set up Auto Return, merchants turn it on and specify the Return URL that will be used to redirect buyers back to their website. The Return URL is applied to all their Auto Return payments unless otherwise specified within the button or link for that website payment. I have included the link below with information on HTML variables which may be able to help you with your request.

For more information, please see the Website Payments Standard Integration Guide, which is available at:

https://cms.paypal.com/cms_content/US/en_US/files/developer/PP_WebsitePaymentsStandard_IntegrationGu...

Misty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.