Merchant buttons not being saved

f8thtee
Contributor
Contributor

I've created three simple "Buy Now" buttons. When I go to my account, merchant services and click on My Saved Buttons, there are no buttons. I'm just in the same place I was when I created each button. I thought the buttons were saved automatically.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

lizgrisham1990
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

There has been a few bugs in PayPal lately, I would suggest calling PayPal and reporting the error.

As far as backing up your buttons, I can teach you a simple method of doing this manually.

When you create your buttons, copy the HTML Code, and paste it into "NotePad"

Every computer with Windows has "NotePad"

You can open it by going to your start menu > Programs > Accessories

After you paste your code into notepad, save it on your desktop or somewhere on your computer as "buttonname.txt"

Then, when you want to add the button or retreive the code, it's there!

Login to Me Too

f8thtee
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your quick response and the hint about using Notepad. I did call PayPal and got an agent very quickly, by the way. I learned that I need to upgrade from my personal account to a Premier account. No change in fees, but it will allow me to save my buttons.

Login to Me Too

MTS_MichaelL
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi,

Make sure this checkbox is on when you are creating the button. If you are creating the button without logging into the PayPal accoutn this feature will bo off until you get logged in.

19-08-2011 10-58-38.png

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael

Login to Me Too

lizgrisham1990
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Kudos Michael! 

Btw, nice to meet you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.