Is PayPal developing a mobile Virtual Terminal App?

SmallPotatoes
New Community Member

I'm a small business - unlike many others - that is looking for a convenient and affordable option to process payment. I recently applied for the Virtual Terminal on my merchant account and I'm very pleased with how it works. However, what I would love to see is a mobile version of this app.

I do tradeshows and farmer's markets in my line of work and that is when the virtual terminal comes into play. But currently my system is less than portable. I bring along my laptop and connect to the internet by tethering my phone and using my phone as my hotspot. Often, my hotspot times out and I have to log back in to process another transaction. The process can be quite stressful and more than once I have felt the cold sweat breakout on my back hoping that I am able to process quickly to get the next customer in line before I lose a sale.

I think it would be great if I had an app on my ipad that I could open up, process and be done. I realize that there are external apps like Swipe by AppNinjas, but they have monthly fees and a per transaction fees. Am I misunderstanding but wouldn't that mean that I would have to pay TWICE the fees if I link my PayPal account?

It's hard enough to stay afloat without everyone trying to get a piece of my already very small pie. 

Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated! Or alternatively, if anyone knows if PayPal is developing a mobile app like this, I would love to know more.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.