IPN URL across a few domain names

TitaniumGreg
New Community Member

I have about 6 different websites that I sell a product on. (I own all sites)

I have paypal as a payment option on all of our websites, however it only returns the IPN notice one the site that I have entered the IPN URL for. (Obviously)

The other sites look like abandoned carts, I just ahve to see if the payment is there and take it from there. Now that wouldn't be THAT Big of a deal but it doesn't let the customer know that their order completed, They just see that they sent me the money.

then you get the buthole customer that says you are trying to rip them off and steal their money (Oh if we could only have more of them)

Is there a way to get the other sites to work and return the IPN, or would I have to open up 6 seperate PayPal accounts to do this?

I THOUGHT PayPal would frown on such a thing, but I can't figure out any other way to do this, and I'd like to have it working correctly before the "Christmas Rush" Starts.

Any Help?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi TitaniumGreg,

Thank you for making our community stronger with the strength of titanium! 😉

There is a great solution to this problem.  It sounds like you have your IPN URL set in your PayPal profile.  In that case, any of your PayPal buttons or checkouts will use that URL.  The good news is that the IPN URL can be set on a per button basis.

You'll just need to make sure that the "notify_url" variable is set differently for each of your websites.  If you're using PayPal buttons, you can just add this line to your buttons.

<input type="hidden" name="notify_url" value="ENTER IPN URL HERE">

If you're using a 3rd party shopping cart you may need to look through the documentation to see if the cart settings allow you to set the IPN URL and just set it differently for each site.

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.