I'm in Korea selling to Koreans: can I use Paypal website payments pro here?

sguy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I need information and I tried to send an email to Paypal, but all I got in return was an automatic reply saying I had to confirm my email. And when I went to do that, the system kept saying that I had already confirmed my email... !?

Anyway I hope that someone can help me with the following since I have no way of contacting Paypal.

I'm in Korea and my customers will be mostly Korean. I want to set up a shop using PrestaShop for which there is no Korean payment gateway module, so I'm thinking about using Paypal Website payments pro to accept Korean credit cards.

1. Residing in Korea, can I use  Paypal website payments pro as a Payment Gateway?

2. Will Paypal accept most Korean credit cards?

3. Also, since I will be paid in KRW, will the sums automatically be converted into USD? If so, what will be the exchange rate?

4. For a customer who doesn't have a Paypal account, which is the fastest way to checkout: Express checkout or Paypal website payments pro? What the difference between the 2.

Thanks in advance for your help,

sguy

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello sguy,

You have some really good questions. Unfortunately Website Payments Pro is not available in Korea, you can view what credit cards can be accepted by clicking on the Worldwide link while not being logging into your PayPal account this will allow you to view all the credit cards that can be accepted in Korea. If you have a Korea account and receive funds into your account you would want to check your website receiving preferences in the profile of your account. All of our Merchant Sevices can be viewed by clicking on the blue Merchant Services tab at the top of your screen while being logged into your PayPal account. I hope this helps!

Misty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.