Reply to topic
LoreIG
LoreIG New Community Member
New Community Member
Kudos: 0

How to protect paypal account - security - if hiring a programmer / web developer to help me?

Dear Good Folks,

Because I need to integrate PayPal with Vervante and apply shipping options to the entire paypal shopping cart, and format and send IPN messages properly,  I am now more confused than ever.  So I am going to be hiring a programmer to help set up my PayPal account.

BUT - how do I protect my PayPal account if I'm using third-party help to assist me to set it up??

Can I put a temporary block or restriction or something on the money side of my paypal account so he or she can't get sensitive bank info?

Or, How do I find trusted, reliable help to hire for this??

Sorry - I am new to this and it's getting to be a little over my head. I've been putting more time into researching these things than I can afford to do.  It's preventing me from getting my business off the ground.

Thank you kindly for any responses!

0 Kudos
PayPal_Misty
PayPal_Misty Administrator
Administrator
Kudos: 83

Re: How to protect paypal account - security - if hiring a programmer / web developer to help me?

[ Edited ]

Hello LoreIG, 

Welcome to the Community :robotwink:.

That is a great question! The good news is, yes you can protect your PayPal account! You can add what is called a "Manage user." When adding an additional user you can select what permission(s) they will have.

Here is how you can add a user: log into your PayPal account, click Profile (under My account), click My settings, click update next to Manage users, click Add User. To protect your PayPal account only select Integration

:smileyhappy:Misty

0 Kudos