How to print shipping label without postage

Alan92103
Contributor
Contributor

How can I print a shipping label with Paypal, but without postage?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Alan92103,

You can print a shipping label using your PayPal account with the PayPal Shipping Center. There are a lot of helpful tools and it is FREE to use. I hope this answers your question.

~Misty

Login to Me Too

JericoCreations
Contributor
Contributor

With all due respect, Misty, I don't see how your answer is responsive to the original poster's question.

Alan92103 seems to want to do one of two things, depending upon interpretation:

1. Print a shipping label without purchasing postage, or...
  2. Suppress the display of postage amount on a purchased label.

With my limited experience using the PayPal shipping tools, I can only see a way to accomplis the second option. I've not found a way to print a simple address label without purchasing postage.

Is this, indeed, possible? I went to the PayPal Shipping Center link and say only an explanation of things that you can do and a link to the MultiOrder Shipping tool.

Login to Me Too

Alan92103
Contributor
Contributor

Let me clarify my question:

How do I use Paypal to print shipping labels with only to and from addresses on it, but without any postage?

(I like to place a shipping label with no postage on the inside of Priority and Express Mail packages, just in case the outer label (with postage) is defaced during shipping.  That way the post office could still get the package to the correct address.)

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Alan92103 and Thank You for clarifying  your question.

When printing a shipping label using PayPal there is not a way to just print a label without making a purchase. One thing you could do is print off a packing slip from the order (which will include the ship to address and from address).

~Misty

Login to Me Too

Alan92103
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry Misty, I know you're probably a very bright woman, but you must live in a foreign country or are not a native speaker of English.  Because if you read my clarified posting, it would be clear to you that your last response is completely ridiculous.

Let me try this one more time:

Imagine I want to use my own stamps to mail a package.  So I only want to print out a shipping label for this package - without any postage on it because I used stamps on the package.

Can I do this with Paypal, and if so, please explain how.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.