How to have custom amount (price)

eisvoleas7
Contributor
Contributor

Hello , i created my first buy now button , i put it in my site , but i can't set the amount ... i tried <input type="hidden" name="amount" value="1.00"> but i doesn't work , the amount is still 0.00 , i successfully changed item name and quanity but not the amount . can someone help me ? thanks !

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_RobG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi!

You cannot override the 'amount' of a button by adding the appropriate HTML-tag because that would defeat the addded security of a hosted button.

If you're using a 'hosted button' (the details of the button are stored with PayPal) you'll need to modify the button through the button creation tool.

Simply navigate to Profile > My selling preferences > Manage my payment buttons > Update and click 'Action' > 'Edit' for whichever button you want to update.

You can update the amount in the appropriate field in Step 1 of the button creation tool.

----
For technical assistance with PayPal merchant product offerings, please file a ticket at https://www.paypal.com/mts/
Login to Me Too

eisvoleas7
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying, i want to "sell" a service which price will be dynamically changed , for example if the user askes for 100 products i want to fix the right price . How can i do it ? i have to set piece price at button and then "play" with the quantity ??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.