How to create a PayPal button.

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

How do you create a PayPal button?

Browsing around on the Forums I have found many posts asking questions about the different PayPal buttons and the options available. Attached to this post you will find a basic Step-by-Step overview about how to create a PayPal button and what button is best for your business. Check it out and let me know if you have any questions.

~ Misty

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

BethD

I get to the point where I can receive the code and I only have the website HTML option and not the email link option.  What step have I missed?

Login to Me Too

MTS_MichaelL
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

You must have chosen interactive elements - dropdown menu or an edit box to be added to the button. Link mechanism cannot handle these, so the link option won't appear.

Regards,

Michael

MTS

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RobG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Additionally, you must have a Premier or Business account and have the 'Host button with PayPal' option ticked in Step 2 of the button creation tool.

----
For technical assistance with PayPal merchant product offerings, please file a ticket at https://www.paypal.com/mts/
Login to Me Too

pvahockey
New Community Member

I created a button in PayPal and added drop down menus.  The code was successfully copied and pasted into my google web site.  It looks good, and you can choose from the drop down menu, but when you hit the buy now button, NOTHING happens.  Did I miss a step?  I've recreated the button 3 or 4 times and still nothing.

thank you!

Login to Me Too

MTS_MichaelL
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi pvahockey,

There may be many causes to nothing happening. You would need to be more specific: does the page refresh, do you get a blank page, the button isn't clickable or clicking dos not submit the form at all. The best solution is to ask MTS to run a test.

Before you do, however, try pasting a simple link instead of the form, just to test if this works for you.

The most common general cause is nested forms - the whole page is a HTML form and pasting a button anywhere within the page just resubmits it to itself. In this case the page would refresh.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael

MTS

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.