How to convert "Website Payment Pro" account to "Website Payment standard"

Nilesh
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Can anyone tell me is it possible to convert my existing "Website Payment Pro" merchant account to "Website Payment Standard".

If Yes, then can i use the same API signature in my code for the the payment using creditcard (redirection to paypal method) "Website Payment Standard".

Actually paypal has suspended my "Payment Pro" account , So i want to convert it with "Payment standard".

Please help me.

Thanks,

Nilesh

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Nilesh,

Yes, the API for Website Payments Pro and Express Checkout (Website Payments Standard) would use the same API. I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Nilesh
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Misty,

But Actually My Current Payment Pro account has been suspended by paypal

So, when i logged in the account, In My Bussiness Setup section It showing me "Website Payment Standard" option with Start Now button. So might be if i want to convert my Payment Pro to Payment Standard i have to follow the steps by start now process.

Now When i go with Start Now button click, there is three tabs available 1) Create Payment Buttons, 2) Third-party carts and 3) Custom integration.

I have my own shopping website , so i need to go with the Custom integration.

But In Custom Integration tabs it showing me the process how to transfer my payment parameters to paypal and how to get response to the shopping site.

Now my concern is that there is no option to setup "Payment Standard" done sucessfully and your account has been switched to the "Payment Standard" from "Payment Pro".

So, is there anything missing to setup OR with Custom Integration it will alwasy show In My Bussiness Setup section with Start Now button.

So, can you please tell me how can i identify if my "Payment Pro" has been successfully converted to "Payment standard" account. 

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello,

You have very good questions, when you open a business account Website Payments Standard is the default setup on your account. Which would mean that when Website Payments Pro is disabled you automatically use Website Payments Standard. You are right you can either set up PayPal payment buttons, set up a third party shopping cart or set up custom integration. If you developed your own shopping cart then you would select custom integration. You can find more information on custom integration here. Otherwise click here for more options for Website Payments Standard. I hope this helps.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.